Learning, BOI

J'lynn Yeates jyeates at bga.com
Mon Jun 16 16:46:06 PDT 1997

On 16 Jun 97 at 18:32, William H. Herron III wrote:

> I suspect that incidents like the famed "Spanish Inquisition" I've heard
> about over the years, where a representative of the Board of Directors
> was sent to Ansteorra to investigate wrongdoings, is what resulted in
> G&PD #3.  Could I tell you the details of the "Spanish Inquisition" in
> Ansteorra?  Nope.  Anytime I bring it up, people who were involved
> develop memory lapses.

if memory serves, large quantities of beer was consumed by all
involved on the side i was affiliated with ... mattter of fact, was
drinking with the primary name involed on that side earelier this
evening (grin w/fangs) ... and try to keep up with the other
particulars who have scattered.

brough up to the person i mentioned that  perhaps it was time that he
hauled out his gear and belt and hit the field again from time to
time.   i would love to see how someone far better skilled than
myself  (self was "adequate", never great) in "old style" combat
techiques  would fare on the field today.

> My concern is that we can wind up with so many secrets and "skeletons"
> that we cease to be able to function as a Society.

one of the wonderful aspects of being a historian by training, long
involved in the game, plus being a "watcher" by nature ... some
of us love collecting these "skeletons" and storing them away in the
achives for the future.  but then again weren't my mongol brothers
famed for their use of "observational diplomacy" to advance their
causes (evil ++ grin)

'wolf
... it's so hard to be good when you're discordian by nature