SCA's NEXT GENERATION

LadyAnnais at aol.com LadyAnnais at aol.com
Tue Jun 17 05:24:08 PDT 1997

HL Aloanor D'Arcy wrote:

<snip>
 >I have been in the SCA for almost 9 years and recently moved from
 >Stargate where I new everyone to Steppes where I don't know anyone.

<snip>
 >I now end up driving out to Black Oak Keep to play.  I have found
 >smaller groups tend to be more appreciative of people whether they are
 >new or not.

Why drive all that way?  Are you in far north Dallas?  Why not try Elfsea? We
don't bite.

Late last fall,  I moved to the DFW area. I was serving a feast at Northern
Regional, when I noticed a group of people wearing the Keystone of Elfsea.  I
gathered my courage, and blurted out who I was, were I was from, and that I
had just moved in to Elfsea.  They responded enthusiastically(propably
because I was going ninety miles to nothing, which is pretty typical). They
gave me information on the next meeting and that was all she wrote.... I was
off and going again.  The only difference was that this was a new bunch of
people to have fun with, and to get to know.

Sure, there are times that is difficult to join a new group, esp. if that
group operates in a large metropolitan area. I found that being enthusiastic
about finding out about the local group has made the transition easier for
me.

Annais
Elfsea type-person originally from Namron