Learning, BOI

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Tue Jun 17 09:37:35 PDT 1997

Daniel de Lincoln stated:

>I have received two e-mail messages saying that I shouldn't ask about
>the Board of Inquiry proceedings.  I don't recall doing so, tho I
>could be forgetting.  All I recall is asking in amazement what the
>half-life of the controversy was (more than twenty years, it appears).
>If I did ask, and I might have, it appears I won't find out.

I was the one who made the original inquiry as to what a Board of Inquiry
was and for what this one had been called for. And yes, I am still
interested in finding out more details. Good or bad, it is still the
history of our Society and apparently in this case, our kingdom.

If you are going to send nasty messages to someone, please check the
attributions carefully. My email address is at the bottom of this
message and most others. Like Daniel, I too have a "trashcan".

>I *would* like to deal with a larger issue without touching on the
>specifics of the BOI.  If a matter is kept completely quiet, how do we
>learn to deal with similar situations in the future?

I whole-heartedly agree. This is one of the reasons that I have placed
in a file all the pertinent messages that I have seen on the Compleat
Anachronist number 13 controversy. All these messages were publically
posted on the Rialto or other locations first and many are first hand
and second-hand accounts of those involved.

Ld. Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com