SCA's NEXT GENERATION

chuck_diters at mail.fws.gov chuck_diters at mail.fws.gov
Tue Jun 17 08:42:50 PDT 1997

Hmmm...I have yet to go to a 'segregated' newcomers revel.  Usually this
event was a local, off calendar event that a good portion of the
baronial populace attended.  We had pot luck food, dancing, a small
court, etc.  Much fun was had by all!!!

another 2 cents...

meadhbh

     Indeed.  Newcomers is an annual event here in Eskalya, and it is
     regularly well attended by our existing populace.  It is a camping
     event, with everything meadhbh mentions, plus a bardic and a prize
     tourney.  It represents a major recruiting tool, and is a heck of a
     lot of fun into the bargain.  BTW, each year's event is routinely
     autocratted by a volunteer (victim?) from the "freshman class" of the
     previous year's event.

                                        Bjarni

     Chuck Diters/Bjarni Edwardsson                     West/Oertha/Eskalya
     Shadowood Manor, 9541 Victor Road, Anchorage, AK 99515-1470
     ph:  (907)344-5753                    Email: chuck_diters at mail.fws.gov

     "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it's
     too dark to read."--Groucho Marx