You *can* sometimes get what you want

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Wed Jun 18 15:49:51 PDT 1997

dennis grace 6/18/97 1:41 PM

>>Seriously, I think a "field Pelican" in the kitchen is a bad idea.
>>Not that I've helped much in the kitchen myself! -- I have no cooking
>>or chopping skills and I have a "thing" about food what's been et on
>>-- but I can imagine that someone there is tired, hot, sweaty, dirty,
>>in grungy clothing, and generally Not In A Good Mood.  But those who
>>do hang out there can express their opinions.

Generally when I am cooking a feast I am in a good mood. Busy, yes, a
little focused and a little unfocused, yes but not generally in a bad
mood as long as things are going ok. Of course right before the feast I
tend to be a little surly but that just if theres folks hanging out, not
helping out :).

I have worked with other cooks and never noticed any in bad moods as long
as there weren't any disasters. Cooks tend to be very INTO the feast and
maynot want any frivolity but generally I don't think we are a moody
group :).

Aquilanne writes:
>I think the joy of being recognized for
>what you do right in the middle of doing it carries great charm and appeal,
>and would make for a very special experience.

I agree.

Clarissa