Eldern Hills Tourney

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Jun 24 12:19:14 PDT 1997

> Congratulations to their Excellencies Richard of Lombardy and Catrin
> MacCracken the New Baron and Baroness of the Eldern Hills. And to their
> new campions, Centurion Dieterich Kempenich von Eltz the new Chivalric
> Champion and Don Horoun as the new Rapier Champion.

I unfortunately missed most of the rapier tournment while watching my
son, but got to see the end of the chivalric tournament and though it
was very well done. The two finallists were very well matched up and
very even in the choices of weapons. (Although I think the tiebreaker
should have been done in sponges.)

> In a long court that
> evening, many gifts were showered on their excellencies both outgoing and
> incoming.

And I'd like to thank those people who didn't present their gifts in
court. *wink*

> it was announced that
> Baroness Charla Noel du Lac will be elevated to the Ancient and Honorable
> Order of the Laurel at Coronations.

I have to admit that it was quite amusing her surprise at this.

I unfortunately missed the festivities after court due to exhaustion, but
it was a very enjoyable event all in all.

Ciao,