SCA's NEXT GENERATION

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 16 10:01:48 PDT 1997

Clarissa stated:

>If someone has been in the society for a couple of weeks they know more
>than the newcomer and can therefore help. By simply saying "Hi!"  and
>taking them over to someone that has been in longer, they are helping. At
>fighter practice with so much going on it can be hard to spot the
>newcomer.  Someone that is good at spotting them and introducing them to
>others has provided a wonderful service to the newcomers and the group.

I agree.  When Thomas joined he felt a little shy about going up to
strangers and getting invloved.  He joined to other new people and they
felt more comfortable doing stuff and they had common ground in that they
were all new.
Sometimes semi-new people are good since they have a fresh imprint of
what's hard about being a new person and can act as a bridge. I think
anyone can offer help even if it's to say I've been there a few days,
months, or years  ago.
Kindness is kindness no matter what rank or level.

Clare