Newcomers Planning Meeting

dennis grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 26 16:56:05 PDT 1997

Greetings, Cosyn,

You responded to Baroness Clarissa's posting concerning the newcomers'
meeting with:
>HI.  The server from which I get this list was down for a while so I
>missed hearing about this.  I would be a newcomer once I start showing up,
>and would love to hear what you all came up with.

Well, I'd be happy to fill you in, but I'd rather not try to summarize a
three hour meeting via e-mail.  Among other items, we discussed ways of
getting newcomers interested, ways of helping newcomers acclimate, ways of
promoting an open and welcoming atmosphere, ways of finding out what
newcomers want and need.

Tell me a little about yourself--name, what you know about the SCA, what
interests you wish to indulge in the SCA, whatever else you'd like to throw
in--and I'll tell you what I can.

Yours in Virtual Service,

Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace
Dennis Grace
University of Texas at Austin
English Department
Recovering Medievalist
amazing at mail.utexas.edu

Things are more like they are today than they have ever been before.
                                                  --Dwight D. Eisenhower

(Don't Republicans say just the cutest things?)