Magic Moments

Joe Bramblett lists at joeb.psyberlink.net
Thu Jun 26 23:01:46 PDT 1997

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, J. Michael Shew wrote:

> Once it
> was a fighter who told me the true tale of finding the most lovely lady in
> all the world playing water-bearer,

Let's face it; When you're wearing armor in 90+ degree weather, Rosanne
Barr would look great if she was carrying water.

> 	If these moments did not happen so often, I would mourn the
> passing of my dream, and quit the Society forever.

I would have to agree, but even still, I would have to say that some of
the best moments happen around a fighter practice or other moderately
public event, when you see just how fast a group like this can adopt new
members, and make friends of complete strangers in record time.

It still amazes me sometimes how often you can meet someone for the first
or second time at an event, and afterwards, you're over at their house
being introduced to a half-dozen more people you've never met, having a
few beers and swapping stories until 2AM.

In no other organization have I seen this kind of openness. The Dream is a
hell of an icebreaker.

JB -- BOFH