new awards...

chuck_diters at mail.fws.gov chuck_diters at mail.fws.gov
Fri Jun 27 09:34:47 PDT 1997

     Pardon the intrusion from a northern spectator, but I have a  question
     concerning occasions of not awarding the Lion.  Graf Galen writes (as
     others have noted) that at least once the award was not given since
     the selected individual was not present at Coronation.  If the gentle
     in question was as excellent as should be expected, was he/she not
     deserving of the award even it it needed to be given in absentia?  It
     doesn't seem to me that recognition in the Society should be on a
     "must be present to win" basis.

                                        Bjarni

     Chuck Diters/Bjarni Edwardsson                     West/Oertha/Eskalya
     Shadowood Manor, 9541 Victor Road, Anchorage, AK 99515-1470
     ph:  (907)344-5753                    Email: chuck_diters at mail.fws.gov

     "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it's
     too dark to read."--Groucho Marx