Upcoming Event

Stephen Pursley herron at oklahoma.net
Sat Jun 28 10:52:06 PDT 1997

Good Gentle,

   I am Lord Manfred Wolf of the Barony of Loch Soilleir and I beg your
assistance!  I am a first-time Autocrat, and I find myself in quite a
predicament.  My event, LOCH GUARDIAN, is a good size tourney bestowing
4
titles (Chivalric champion, Rapier champion, A&S, and Bardic).  But the
rains of May drowned us out!  We've rescheduled - but arranging a new
site,
deciding an open date, an autocrat who moved, etc prevented us from
getting
an announcement in the _BlackStar_.  We are forced to use this
electronic
medium to try and spread the word!

   Please pass this missive either electronically or hard-copy to any
and
all of our society cousins.  Feel free to cut/paste any or all of the
copy,
but please help spread the word!

   On July 11th -- 13th, among the shady and cool pines of Lake Houston
State Park (North of Houston) will take place the LOCH GUARDIAN Tourney.
 There will be something for everyone!  Chivalric and Rapier Swiss-5
tourneys, Title Bard competition, Loch Artisan competition, an Archer's
Duel, a themed obstacle course, even boffer dagger-duels by torchlight!
 Many hand-crafted prizes have been commissioned for the title winners.
All
of this will take place the weekend *AFTER*  the 4th of July... a
perfect
time!  The Kingdom calendar reads "OPEN."

   Site fee is $6 and there is plenty of camping space, and
motels/hotels
are close to the site.  Bardic circles are planned for the evening,
along
with the dagger duels!  This should prove to be a memorable event.  A
feast,
featuring shish-ka-bobs, pilafs, sauces extreme, and more will be
offered
for $4.  Our cook is Her Ladyship Tegan, a name among feastcrats! (And I
can
personally vouch for her cooking!)

   Merchants are encouraged, welcomed, and assisted!  In fact, merchants
may
barter for their site fees with the proceeds going into the prize
coffers!
 An auction will also be held, so take this opportunity to practice for
the
Pennsic buying-spree!

   Site opens on Friday, June 11th at 6pm and closes Sunday at Noon.

   Many, many thanks for your time and your assistance in announcing
this
event...
I entrust myself to the hospitatility and care of Ansteorra, and know I
will
not be disappointed!

          Lord Manfred Wolf
          Event Steward - LOCH GUARDIAN TOURNEY
          Barony of Loch Soilleir   (Clear Lake, TX)