Personna views was RE-

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon Jun 30 14:14:34 PDT 1997

M. Antoine DorŽ said:

8.	Read a book.
Don't be afraid of the library.  I have had many people of great
authority tell me things about being a period Frenchman that were
flatly wrong.  It wasn't their fault.  They were telling me how to be
a period Englishman.  Only by doing a little checking on my own did I
find the information I needed to step beyond "generic late-period
man."  You don't have to read dry historical information.  There are
period stories, letters, essays.  I've been amazed at the stuff I
enjoy reading once I took the plunge.  Don't always take someone
else's word for it.  Look it up.

I'm curious, what were the differances you found between a late-period
Englishman and a late period Frenchman?

Do you have a list of books that would be useful for someone developing
a late-period French persona to read? Or perhaps an article that I could
add to my files for others developing such personas?

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com