Tired of Working ??

Rik Packham/Angus mac Taggart aquinas at eden.com
Sat Mar 1 20:15:38 PST 1997

My father was an officer in the U.S. Air Force! I have friends who are or
were members of the Armed Forces! I tried to join the Armed Forces three
times and was denied the honor due to having two (2) strokes when I was
eight (8) and thirteen (13)! I supported the Gulf War! I support the Armed
Forces!

But, believe it or not, if someone says a joke, there are people who will
get offended, not unlike you are about this joke. If you did not notice, I
did not specialize on any group. And to be truthful, if you take another
look at the original post, you may notice that it was a forward. It was not
my personal joke, but I found some amusement in it and I wanted my friends
to get a laugh out of it too. My girlfriend works for the state, and even
though I did mention state employees in this joke, she found it amusing.

I am sorry that you took it wrong. That was not my intention. I did not
mean this as a slam to any of the groups mentioned it the joke. It was
meant to be funny. I am fully awake, and I offer my thanks for the service
you have performed for me, my loved ones and the rest of the United States
of America. And that is no joke!

Richard Lee Packham II
son of Major Richard Lee Packham (retired after 30 years of service)