Putting foot in mouth

AMANDA PLAGEMAN slug42 at voyageronline.net
Sun Mar 2 16:07:44 PST 1997

> On 26 Feb 97 at 15:03, Baronman at aol.com wrote:
> />   BINGO- Somebody got it right, out there in SCA land.  Finally
> /> someone opened the door for my next tirade ( are you listening
> /> Galen?).  For many people in the SCA within this Kingdom, the SCA
> /> is not  an  "Educational Recreation Group", it is a way of life.
> /> ...  I know I'm going to get flamed massively for this, but I got
> /> strong shoulders.

While I agree that anything can be taken too far, whats wrong with a
little recreational obbession?  As long as your mundane life isn't
crumbleing about your ears, whats wrong with likeing your persona's
lifestyle better than your own?  I know I'm a much better/nicer/more
worthy person at an event than in Mundania.  (And no, this is not a lack
of self assurance on my part.)

> it also happened with Church and is one of the reasons I disdain organized religion.

How about dis-organized religon?
By the way, why is TY usually more interesting than most of the other
kingdoms listservs I subscribe to?
(Returning to lurk mode)
Helsa Eldonsdottir