A Parting Thought for Gulf War (fwd)

Will Ritchie ritchie at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Wed Mar 12 20:19:10 PST 1997

As the last of the lucky take off for Gulf War, I thought I'd cross-post
this excerpt from a discussion on KFB (killing from behind) from the
armored-combat mailing list.  Robin of Gilwell's stance is that even if
KFB were to be allowed at Gulf War ('s not), he would not do so.  In his
argument he also says something about the special kinship between these
two kingdoms; as I'm predicting a win for Ansteorra this year, I take
particular pleasure in it:

 On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Jay Rudin wrote:
> But that's not the case.  Trimaris is the only kingdom that has had the
> courage, honor, and dedication to keep meeting Ansteorra in War for five
> years.  I have lived there, fought in their tourneys, sworn fealty to
> their Crown, served feast to their tables, written fencing rules for them,
> carried the favors of their ladies.  They are noble and worthy allies,
> they are noble and worthy foes.  I will not strike them down from behind,
> and I will *not* give up *any* opportunity to meet one of them in combat.

	Go to the Sable Raven; let Trimaris get you a beer (if the
bureaucrats don't squelch them); tell Duke Baldar you're an Ansteorran;
you may find yourself making a friend or two.  You may even find yourself
agreeing with Dom Robin.

				Best of times;
					Morric
					NPANWO