Thank You

Richard L. Rohde talen at microtutors.com
Mon Mar 17 16:00:08 PST 1997

Greetings to the people of Ansteorra!

I would like to take this time to thank the people who helped me so much in
the preparation for Gulf Wars VI.

First, I would like to thank His Majesty Mahdi and Duke Inman MacMoore for
having faith in me to prepare the Northern Region for war.  Also thanks to
my knight, Sir Burke MacDonald, for his continuing words of advice and the
occasional kick in the butt.

Thanks to the Honorable Lord Karl Sturmfyre for being my Line Commander.
It's been too long since we've fought together and I am thankful of the job
you did.  You led gallantly and helped us achieve our primary objective:
No enemy force penetrated our line! Thanks also to the Honorable Lord Alrik
Kanin for commanding the flank units in the open field battles.  In that
tight a formation it's hard to shine, but your experience was welcome and I
never feared we would be flanked and we weren't.  Vivat to both of you on a
job well done!

Thanks to the Shire of Mooneschadowe and their captain, the Honorable Lady
Treschen von Asselen, for the willingness to train to be a shieldwall in a
kingdom that prides itself on cavalry.  You knew it was often a thankless
job that needed to be done, but you showed the world how to do it right.
The glory is yours as a group instead of individually, but you are all
heroes in my book.  Only disciplined groups such as yourself could have
held the castle gate and sally port until the last soldier.  You are no
longer green troops but war veterans.

Thanks to the Black Company for strengthening that same shield wall.  You
are truly unsung heroes but know that I am well aware of your exemplary
efforts as are others.  I am honored to have served with you.  You are a
fine unit and this kingdom needs more like you.

Special thanks to Hersir Thorgrim and the Barony of Northkeep.  Without any
doubt your seasoned troops provided the difference.  If you had not been
willing to come to Mooneschadowe's fighter practices in those early days of
training we would never have had the opportunity to learn and grow.  Your
enthusiasm for war and willingness to teach are the hallmarks of a very
special kind of people.  People I am proud to know and call friends.  You
are a Barony to be admired and emulated.  Words are inadequate to express
my heartfelt thanks.

For all the waterbearers, marshals, chiurgeons, and other support
personnel, I am truly grateful.  Your support is what allows this to happen
in the first place.

Finally, a thank you to all of you who supported the war effort.  Feeding,
clothing, armoring, driving, organizing, and a myriad of other things got
us there and back.  Whether you attended or not, you are the glue that
holds this society together.

Thank you all.

Talen
---------
Centurion Talen Gustaf von Marienburg
Formerly Kommander Nordsteorra
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war!
talen at microtutors.com