Gulf War questions

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Tue Mar 18 08:55:02 PST 1997

Mark Harris wrote:

> I imagine that they are going to have to create a more organized
> method of alloting land. This year Ansteorra had a terrific location
> near the center of everything while Trimaris was off in the boondocks.
> I loved my location and wish I could keep it indefinitely, but I
> doubt that will happen.

Duchess Mikaela chose the Ansteorran location -- where Wolfstar and Loch
Raven's Gate were camped the year before.  As for Trimaris being in the
boondocks (otherwise known as the back 40), their liaison chose to put
them out there.  They originally had land allocated across the street
from Ansteorra (around the old bath house).  Tuesday at site set-up the
autocrat said that they wanted to be completely in the back and
Ansteorra took over their space.

I agree that something will need to be done about land allocation.  We
volunteered for site set-up -- partly to help and partly to ensure that
we could get the spot we wanted (we had about 15 tents coming in).

> The water system/septic system still needs some improvement.

But it has gotten better.  Anyone with suggestions for improvement
should contact the autocrat.

> I also wish they would another day or two to Gulf Wars. That would make
> the drive even more worthwhile.

What day did you come in?  There were activities from Wednesday to
Saturday.  And there definitely were more people on site early Wednesday
than in prior years.

> Despite some rain off and on, it was a wonderful event. There were lots
> of classes, lots of merchants and from what I hear, a lot of combat.

There was fighting at this event?  <VBG>  I actually got to take in a
fort battle this year.  Last year I never made it to watch the fighting
or to see the A&S.  It's getting so that there's more to do then there's
time to do it.  Something for everyone!

--Perronnelle