Stefan's files for April

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Tue Mar 18 16:15:46 PST 1997

A Blending of the Past and Present

Here is the list of my featured SCA Rialto files for this month. I have
files for all interests. If none of the files below interest you, ask for
a copy of my complete file list. If you would like a copy of any of these
files, just let me know. I can print them on paper for you, copy them
to a computer disk or send them by email.

Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can get these files at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html, although it may be a week
or two before the newest files are online.

    Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036   markh at risc.sps.mot.com

Here are the new files for this month:

boat-building-msg     Building boats using medieval techniques.
candlesticks-msg      Medieval candlesticks.
corsets-msg           Tudor and Elizabethian corsets. making them.
fish-msg              Medieval fish dishes. Fish in the SCA.
flt-wick-lmps-art     "Experiments with domestic lighting" by
                          Gordon Reeder. (float-wick lamps)
handcream-msg         Medieval lotions and handcreams. recipes.
Landsknechts-msg      German mercenaries.
med-letters-msg       Sources for period correspondance.
p-tent-const-art      "Building a Period Tent" by Geoffrey Maynard
rabbits-msg           Medieval rabbits. As pets and food.
saffron-msg           Types of saffron. period uses.
tent-dsguises-msg     Ideas for disguising modern tents.
tent-setup-msg        Hints for setting up tents and pavilions.
vinegar-msg           Vinegar in period. Making vinegar.

Here are some of the files which have had extensive additions recently:

CA13-msg              The story behind the infamous CA 13. (the
                         one on period pornography).
casting-msg           Casting pewter and other metals.
ferrets-msg           Ferrets in the SCA.and Middle Ages.
furniture-msg         Making chests and tables and for the SCA.
                         Period furniture.
mottoes-msg           Latin mottoes for SCA use.
Scotland-msg          Scottish culture. Who lived where. Medieval
                         points of interest. The Orkney Islands.

<end>

PS: I've gotten a few suggestions for a new name for my files but
I'd love to hear more. Anyone have suggestions for period terms
meaning encylopedia, compendium, collection of works, a series of
articles or something similar?