question: brwn gwlad costuming

Yeates, J'lynn jyeates at wic.tdh.state.tx.us
Thu Mar 20 11:19:41 PST 1997

have a new lady in the house very interested in costuming and thought
i would inquire for her as to what opportunities abound locally ...

as for resources that could be made available to the cause, she has
access to my *old* singer tabletop machine (good up through light
leather once i get a rollar foot) as well as my industrial model that
is now set up in my partner-in-crime's garage (heavy leather and
canvas) where we will soon be creating a number of needed things,
first and formost being quilted gambesons (to my design) for wear
under my plate and mail .. as well as "pretties" for our daikini
dependents ...

on a SCAdian front, our (lady & self) primary interests are
old-celtic and asiatic nomad.  she has expressed strong interest in
getting some new period clothing built in the near future (this
being a good thing as my wardrobe is in serious decline).

she seems interested in crafting some more "formal" gear while i
seem to have inherited the project of creating some suitable riding
leathers ... for those who have seen my "ride" (The Raven) nuff
said.

'wolf
... being provoked & encouraged back into being a more "social"
beastling