Anstoerra-Middle Wars

Burke McCrory bmccrory at mercury.oktax.state.ok.us
Thu Mar 20 14:36:55 PST 1997

At 02:19 PM 3/20/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald declared:
>
>>Sir Riccardo was knighted by HRM Sigmond at the Third Ansteorra-Middle War
>>(aka chigger war).  His Majesty was not a knight at the time and Sir
>>Riccardo's knight Harabia Jon's hand was also on the blade.
>
>Ansteorra-MIDDLE War???
>
>I joined the SCA the year before the last Ansteorra-Outlands War. This must
>have been a long time ago when Calontir was still part of the Middle Kingdom.
>
>Can someone give some descriptions or recollections of these Wars? How did
>they differ from say the Ansteorra-Outlands Wars or Gulf Wars?
>
>Thanks.
>  Stefan li Rous
>  markh at risc.sps.mot.com

The first Ansteorra-Middle war actually happened between the Principality
of Ansteorra and the Middle Kingdom way back in AS.13 I don't remember who
won.  The second war was help in Grimesfel and 69 middle kingdom fighters
took on 28 Ansteorran fighters (the only member of the chivalry there was
HRM Lloyd).  One note, although the Middle Kingdom won at the end of the
battles usually there were only 4 or 5 middle fighter left alive.  The
third and final war was held north of Northkeep.  It was a massacre.  The
middle was not very well prepared and found themselves out numbered and
last all but one bridge battle.  It was at this war that the might of the
Ansteorran bridge charge was truly felt.  Over 1100 pounds of fighter hit
the Middle shield wall in the first charge, folding it down like a ramp.  O
by the way, the charge only consisted of three Ansteorran fighters.  After
this war the Middle didn't want to play anymore.  The next war was to have
been against Atenvelt but when we all showed up, Aten was outnumbered 3 to
1.  So we evened up the sides and had fun, this is usually referred to as
the great sandbox war.

Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald

mka Burke McCrory
email:  burkemc at ionet.net