A Question for Everyone

Lori Jones LJONES at ossm.edu
Thu Mar 20 16:25:58 PST 1997

> My question:  what's the coolest peerage ceremony you've ever
> seen?

> Countess Berengaria de Montfort de Carcassonne, OP

I think most are pretty cool in one way or another.  However, the
most memorable ceremony I've ever seen was at 20th Pennsic's Grand
Court.  It was a laureling ceremony, and I don't remember the full
name of the man receiving the honor.  I only remember that his name
ended with "... of Coldcastle".

I thought this ceremony was great because people within the populace
from all around the hall stood independantly and showed things the
man had made over the years.  The volume, variety and quality of his
work was evident and clearly showed why the man was being made a
laurel.  I think displays of this nature really add something to the
ceremony, especially for newer people.  It helps give them a much
clearer understanding of what it takes (time, dedication, high
quality standards) to be elevated to peerage.  Plus, such a show of
accomplishment strikes me as very appropriate at that point, ie. the
culmination of years (and  years and years...) of effort.
Kat MacLochlainn
Barony of Wiesenfeuer, Ansteorra

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has
 seen and thinking what nobody has thought."
     - Albert Szent-Gyorgyi