Site tokens

Ghislaine Fontanneau/Elayne Hoover elyh at wcc.net
Fri Mar 21 06:00:48 PST 1997

I've always enjoyed site tokens.  I once went to an event that didn't
have a site token--I pouted for days.  At Octavian a few years ago, they
gave out necklaces of seven pieces of clay with the Roman animals
stamped into them.  It was very heavy, but very cool.  The following
Octavian's site token was a molded "gold" lion's head.  Also really
nice--I conned some of my friends out of theres so I could have more. I
was very impressed by the site token for Mikael and Mikaela's second
coronation: a coin with his arms stamped into one side and hers on the
reverse.  Knowne World Academy of the Rapier gave out large silver
filigree oak leaves (4 inches long!); that was very impressive, very
sparkly, and lots of fun to dangle from one's hat!

Anyone who knows me can testify that I am at least *part* kender.  To
me, a site token is like an omen of how the event will turn out.  I just
love site tokens!

Ghia