A Question for Everyone

Damaris of Greenhill damaris at geocities.com
Fri Mar 21 18:42:28 PST 1997

Jeanne Stapleton wrote:

>                        Postage paid by: [Image]

> > Yes, the crown does make knights on the field.  I am not sure WHO
> > has been knighted that way, (their name escapes me).
> >
> > meadhbh
> >
> I love field knightings!
>
> Reading the stories has been so great, thanks everyone for this
> window into your kingdom's proud history.
>
> My question:  what's the coolest peerage ceremony you've ever
> seen?
>
> Countess Berengaria de Montfort de Carcassonne, OP
> Barony of Caerthe
> Kingdom of the Outlands

I may be somewhat biased, but when Mistress Gunnora Hallakarva, recieved
her Laurel, it was done by having Ragnar Ulfgarsson bring suit against
the Crown of Ansteorra for not having done it before.  Sir Kiev av
Kierstead spoke in her behalf for the belted circle.  He extemporized an
alliterative poem that made everyone's heart swell.  It was done this
way  because Gunnora is a viking, and the most comman kind of
interaction between a viking and a King would have been a law suit.  It
was most memorable to me now because both the late Master Ragnar (who
brought the suit) and the late Mistress Caitlin were there.

Damaris
(born in shadow of greenhill)