Gulf Wars discussion -

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Fri Mar 21 18:24:44 PST 1997

--------------------
>One knight -I am
>so bad with names, to my shame - was firing duct tape wrapped rolls of TP
>with a small handful of beans inside. He graciously let be borrow some
>ammunition for a test on Thursday. The stuff seemed safe, so I was curious
>why the Marshals made him stop using it in the fort battles.

I wondered about that, too; I think he was a victim of the post-rebar
hysteria. The beanie-TPs seemed safe enough.
-------------------

The only concern I can see with the beans is having the canister they are
in break open and throw beans through someone's face gril. How well did
these rocks(?) hold up? Do the rules allow them to be gleaned from the
field and shot again and again?

Why the beans anyway? Do they rattle or make a crunch sound when they
hit? Or is it just for increased mass? If so and the small size is a
problem perhaps something larger can be found.

I thought someone was kidding when I heard them talking about rebar in
the projectiles. I guess not. Can someone give me more details? What
kind of projectile was the rebar in? Were they coming loose from the
projectile?

This siege engine stuff sounds like it is getting more and more interesting
each year. I may have to join in this next year.

Thanks.
   Stefan li Rous
   marklh at risc.sps.mot.com