Have you seen me?

Scott White swhite at cimedia.com
Sat Mar 22 11:09:48 PST 1997

OK, this is a long shot, but maybe .... ?

I feel like such a dolt ... and I was reluctant to air this in public, but
... you ARE my friends, so here goes:

I managed to lose my Sable Falcon within minutes of receiving it at Gulf War.

It was given to me after the second castle battle & I hung it on the
trigger of my ballista, located about 30 yards from the front door of the
castle, and went off to fight the resurrection battle.

When I returned, I found that my ballista had been moved maybe 150 feet
from the original location, presumably to make room for another happening.
But there's a trick to rolling my ballista -- if you roll it the wrong (and
also the obvious) way, it falls over.

I'm fairly sure the machine fell over and the award slipped off,
unbeknownst to whoever moved the ballista.

We scoured the field Sunday morning but were unable to locate the lost
falcon. There was no one at the check-in tent so I wasn't able to find a
lost-and-found area.

It looks like a brass ring with a black-and-gold braid hanging from it.
It's my first society award and it means an awful lot to me.

So -- if you've seen an extra sable falcon hanging around, please let me
know! And if anyone's got contact info for the Gulf autocrat, please give
me a holler so I can inquire there. The Gulf Wars website is gone.

Thanks a bunch,

Gnith the Dolt
<swhite at cimedia.com>