Medieval TV

Zill & Widow zill at airmail.net
Sat Mar 22 22:55:11 PST 1997

E.Preston III & Shelly K.Walker wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone had seen or enjoyed TNT's Hunchback with
> Mandy Patinkin playing the hunchback. I haven't seen it yet, but that
> channel is always very proud of their original movies and shows it an
> awful lot.
> Also, I've seen ads for Ivanhoe on A&E coming in May.
> Britta the Red
> Gnomon Vale
> Northern Ansteorra

We watched TNT's hunchback a day after watching the watered-down
Disney version. I enjoyed it very much for what it was but I don't
think the novel has ever been successfully translated into film.
I still hold out for the old black-and-white version, myself.

Mandy Pantinkin was fabulous. The makeup was good and the shots of
him "riding" Big Marie in the bell tower made me mist over.
--
-Kay
Silent Orpheus/the Orphic Chronicle