Gulf Wars discussion - Archery

Will Ritchie ritchie at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Sun Mar 23 04:51:08 PST 1997

On Fri, 21 Mar 1997, Hugh Niewoehner wrote:

> For those who don't frequent the Rialto what are the opinions of
> folks about the effectiveness of the archers and seige engines?
>        Damon

Well - where to begin?  I was expecting Ansteorran victories in most of
the pitched battles, and _I'm_ from Trimaris.  Apparently, we only had
about 50+ fighters on you guys (Calontir's showing was unexpected and
probably much of the difference), but we had about three or four times as
many archers.  Duke Baldar is of the opinion that neither side was up to
par in terms of tactics or maneuver, and attributes the Trimarian
victories to archer attrition and the simple fact that "our mob was just
a bit bigger and more agressive than their mob".  I got the impression
that archery at least had a major impact.
						Morric