Playing This Game Another Way

Nancy Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 3 08:03:37 PST 1997

Actually a great many of the Laurels, especially the older Laurels were not
apprenticed to anyone.  Baron  Edwin, myself, Mistress Willow, Branwyn
O'...,
the list is quite long.  It did not become traditional and it still isn't
mandatory.  I hope it never becomes so.  Almost none of the Pelicans were
proteges of anyone.  That is an out of Kingdom tradition that really hasn't
quite caught on with the Pelicans.  I not saying it doesn't happen but it
is uncommon.  I have neither protege nor apprentice, I did once, but I find
that it doesn't work well for me to have one.  I do occaisionally take
students, but thay have to initiate the asking.  Students, are to me, an
informal structure in which I work better.

Clare