A Final Call to Arms

Casey Weed nextristan at n-link.com
Mon Mar 10 17:43:08 PST 1997

OYEZ, OYEZ!!!! THE WAR IS UPON US!!!!

Dieterich hier sprechens-

ANSTEORRA- This is my final call to arms as the Kingdom Warlord.  Fighters,
Artisans, Archers, Waterbearers, Volunteers... the hour is at hand for you
to serve your Kingdom; to show others in the Knowne World what it is to be
an Ansteorran.  Be bold when you take your place there, whatever it may be.
Show your pride with the Ansteorran colors on the tips of your spears, on
your breasts, and on your shields.  Above all, let your honor blaze forth
from your hearts, through your bodies, and into your actions.  Let no man
have doubt of whence you come.

Good Oliver has said:

The Trimarans strength I've seen;
Never on earth has such a host been:
A hundred thousand in van ride under shield
Their helmets laced, their hauberks all agleam
Their spears upright, with heads of shining steel.
You'll have such battle as ne'er was fought on field.
My Lords of Ansteorra, God give you strength at need!
Save you stand fast, this field we cannot keep.

The People replied:

Foul shame it were to flee!
We are yours til death; no man of us will yield!

Vivat Ansteorra!!!!!