Site tokens

Will Ritchie ritchie at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Fri Mar 21 18:08:24 PST 1997

> ches wrote:
> > I would like
> > to know what site tokens were the best you have seen that endeared
> > themselves to you so that you still carry them on your belt or on your
> > person? Which were the prettiest?

Foreign tales again - Three favorites in Trimaris all came from this 30+
shire (Oldenfeld - the guys in green tabards w/gold "lion-kabobs" at GW).
The first was a copper penannular brooch, 1.5" dia., 10ga. copper wire
w/hammered and curled ends (Harvest Festival - Celtic theme).  We made
about 150 of the things over three years ago, and people still wear them
today.  Took a crew of five of us about 4-5 hours in your basic
anachronists' garage workshop to turn them out.

For my lady's first job as autocrat (a rogues'-and-thieves' event theme),
we were able to purchase several cases of 5" pakistan daggers in bulk for
under a dollar apc.  Once again, people still wear them or keep them in
their feast chests.  Lastly, we had a viking event where the tokens were
2"  loops of viking-style beads - glass, stone, and copper-wire geegaws.
It took about 3-6 friends to make a complete necklace, or they could be
hung from a favor (still have mine there), belt pouch, or whatever.

The basic concept of something you can continue to use is great, but it's
hard to do, especially if originality is also a goal.  Here too, the
standard token is a wood or leather something with a foot or two of ribbon
through it.
				Morric