Anstoerra-Middle Wars

galenbv at ix.netcom.com galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 20 15:17:45 PST 1997

On 03/20/97 16:36:55 you wrote:

>The first Ansteorra-Middle war actually happened between the Principality
>of Ansteorra and the Middle Kingdom way back in AS.13 I don't remember who
>won.  The second war was help in Grimesfel and 69 middle kingdom fighters
>took on 28 Ansteorran fighters (the only member of the chivalry there was
>HRM Lloyd).  One note, although the Middle Kingdom won at the end of the
>battles usually there were only 4 or 5 middle fighter left alive.  The
>third and final war was held north of Northkeep.  It was a massacre.  The
>middle was not very well prepared and found themselves out numbered and
>last all but one bridge battle.  It was at this war that the might of the
>Ansteorran bridge charge was truly felt.  Over 1100 pounds of fighter hit
>the Middle shield wall in the first charge, folding it down like a ramp.  O
>by the way, the charge only consisted of three Ansteorran fighters.  After
>this war the Middle didn't want to play anymore.  The next war was to have
>been against Atenvelt but when we all showed up, Aten was outnumbered 3 to
>1.  So we evened up the sides and had fun, this is usually referred to as
>the great sandbox war.
>

>Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald
>

>mka Burke McCrory
>email:  burkemc at ionet.net

Ahh, I remember it well....it was my very first war, and my third event.  In
the first battle, before we evened up the sides, I never even got close
enough to the lines to see an opponent, much less strike one.  I was in the
third wave, and the Aten troops were wiped out by the first one.  I knew
absolutely no one at the war, had driven alone all the way across the state
to get there and was beginning to get a bit discouraged after the first
battle, but by the time it was all over had made many fine friends.

Galen Kirchenbauer