arrow and quarrel shafts

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Mon Mar 31 16:21:37 PST 1997

We have to get some suckers I mean heave fighters to test them on in some
melees,or at a big / major fighter practis.
I could take them to Squire's and Cadet's Invitational.Sir Karl will you be
their? If so I may even be able to have a crossbow with two Baldar Blunts to
test.
 Then report to the Earl Marshel and Archery Marshelthat they are as saft as
the wooden shafts. I curently have two Baldar Blunts made up on 1/4
fiberglass rods but have not been able to get to events with melees going on
to test them on fighters in flight test they have about the same range as my
AWA have. I also need to remount the heads. The Trimaris Combat Archer
Marshel in a letter to me said keep on using the electrical tape. I best
guess is to rap the shaft about 5 turns wright behind the head then up onto
the head for two or three turns and then bach onto the first rap for two or
three more turns. This is to keep the heads from coming off.
>Does anyone know the status on getting fiberglass shafts approved
>for Ansteorra? This is what I'd prefer to use since they take a
>lot more punishment to break and those fighters who like to stomp
>on bolts will really have to work to break the fiberglass shafts.
>
>Stefan li Rous
>markh at risc.sps.mot.com

Plachoya Sobaka a most insignificant archer in Ravens Fort Kingdon of Ansteorra