Kingdom Warlord was a Blast

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Mon May 5 08:16:12 PDT 1997

Erc wrote ... Erc?  Erc!  Hi!  Howya doin'! ... anyway, he wrote:
> An observant reader will have noticed that this was not a straight
> snowball tournament; and that the format did not lend itself to
> indicating a clear "winner".  This was by design

YES!  Period tourneys didn't do the modern "tennis tournament"
elimination and fixed algorithm to select one (1) winner, so I (FWIW)
consider it a great plus.  I hope the fighters liked it, but I
understand that the average fighter gets a lot less fighting in a
standard N-elimination tourney -- opinions from the fighters?

--
Daniel de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com