Kingdom Warlord was a

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon May 5 09:21:53 PDT 1997

Daniel de Lincoln asks:

>YES!  Period tourneys didn't do the modern "tennis tournament"
>elimination and fixed algorithm to select one (1) winner, so I (FWIW)
>consider it a great plus.  I hope the fighters liked it, but I
>understand that the average fighter gets a lot less fighting in a
>standard N-elimination tourney -- opinions from the fighters?

Personally I prefer the period style tourneys to the standard modern
elimination tourney. They are more in keeping with the idea and
atmosphere of a medieval tournament. And since I am not that good a
fighter in either armored or rapier, they give me more opportunity
to fight than the usual elimination tourney which usually gives me
only two fights.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com