Kingdom Warlord was a Blast

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Mon May 5 11:27:58 PDT 1997

Sir Burke wrote:
> This type of tourney works ok when you have a King or Prince to
> choose the victor from the combatants.  However if there is no royal
> figure to choose the winner the roling snowball tourney is best as
> there is a winner.

In period, didn't the ladies judge the tourney and choose men (one or
more) to honor?

Is it off-topic for the Ansteorran list to ask why *in general* there
has to be one (1) winner in a tourney?  I suspect it's often an axiom:
you may choose to believe it or not, and see what results you get.
(One of *my* axioms is that *other things being equal* period is
better, so which would argue against having one winner.)

Of course, I exclude cases such as this where the object of a tourney
*is* specifically to choose one person: Crown tourney and warlord
tourneys, as examples.

Daniel de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com