SCAdian vs mundane (living among the sheep)

J'lynn Yeates jyeates at bga.com
Tue May 6 03:00:31 PDT 1997

On  6 May 97 at 8:24, dentim at mail.myriad.net wrote:

> "The only people who participate in organizations like the SCA are crazy
> fanatics." (yes, this one was told to me in church!)

don't see many SCA types in the militias that are on the rise ...
mostly "patriotic, god-fearing, church going christians"

> I realize that part of the problem is that I live in an overly  conservative
> town, and out of 52,000 people, there are 119 churches--mostly Southern
> Baptist.  (After all, you "MUST be a Pagan if you get into that sort-of  thing!"

try being a long-haired, evil-looking, heavy-metal listening,
barbarian, harley-riding biker (all used against me in past ..
personally, i think i make a very good klingon / khurghan type),
practicing *pagan* and having SCA sympathies ... not to mention the
fundies next door (who after 15 years haver learned to cope with me
and my animals - wolf-hybrids)

> But before I douse the burning cross in my yard (or is that our Pell?) I
> will scream loudly, VIVAT ANSTEORRA!

consider it an invitation to call up your raver, dancer, and drumming
friends to bring beer, drums, more firewood ... and make a *real*
party out of it,

'wolf