Irish Heroes School - Overview

Gregory R. Gagnon cian at ghg.net
Tue May 6 06:03:07 PDT 1997

Are you a glutton for punishment?  Do you think pain is just weakness
leaving the body?  Then we have an event for you.  The Irish heroes
School will be part multi phase tournament and part ranger school.  It
was inspired by the multiple skills aspect of Squires combined with the
endurance of the Eco-challenge.  This event is in the planning stages
and will happen about a year from now.  This is to allow us the time to
disseminate the information in time for the students to learn it and get
their gear together.  Every primary weapon style, combat and target bows
(if you are not happy with loaners) and so forth.

This is not a normal tourney.  There will not be one winner.  Anyone who
enters is a winner and anyone who finishes intact is amazing.  There
will be tokens for entry and completion.The idea of this is to cover the
entire scope of skills appropriate to an SCA combatant.  This includes
group tactics and mental agility.  In order to compete a fighter must
enter all sections.  I had in mind a 24 hour competition, perhaps we
will just run until it is completed.

After discussion at the Stargate Populace Meeting (and you though you
wouldn't be missing anything) we are tentatively planning this to occur
in conjunction with Squires/Cadets Invitational.  If there is enough
interest we will consider running it as a separate event.  I am asking
you for your assistance both physical and informational.  This will
require an especially alert and active support crew, I will be delighted
to accept any offers of assistance.  If you have ideas... We _are_ still
in planning stages.  Please read the next part of this announcement/plea
for input and drop me a line.

Sir Cian Conor MacQuaid
cian at ghg.net