Beltaine was More Fun

Beth Zimmerman bethzimm at dallas.net
Tue May 6 07:51:42 PDT 1997

>From  LadyAnnais at aol.com

> If you were not at Beltaine in Namron this past weekend, you missed one
heck
> of an event!!
I couldn't agree more.  Those who stayed away because it was a dry site
(and you can't have fun at a dry site) missed a most excellent event.  But
then Beltaine always is.

> One of the best games we played was Raid the Tavern.

Love this, especialy when the lord who ran his turn, threw his lady over
his shoulder and bounced her across the field only to dump her on her
dignity and then proceed to fall on top of her.  She arose, made sure she
was okay, and then promptly smacked her lord and huffed back over to the
other tavern wenches.

I throughly enjoyed the quest.  Romping through the woods with good friends
and trying to figure out the quest was great fun.  I was most pleased to
add to the enjoyment of those good gentles playing their parts in the
quest.  I traded the treasure we were seeking (I didn't know this at the
time) for beer from the tavern keeper, to trade to the bard (to loosen his
throat) only to find that what I had traded for the beer was the treasure
we were seeking.  Talk about feeling stupid.  Did manage to reaquire the
treasure...How is for another time. <evil grin>

Afrena O'Dunlaing