SCA vs Mundane

Keith Duke duke at gte.net
Tue May 6 05:22:20 PDT 1997

Hello all,

Ya know, I always love the various permutations of this thread... I have
seen it a number of times on the Rialto...It is not quite as much fun as
the YKYITSCA threads but, if you have read the Rialto for awhile you have
prolly seen these:

"Freaking the 'danes", "SCA vs <insert group here>", "I am being
persecuted"

My question is: Does anyone else see the parallelism of increased group
cohesive-ness generated by feelings of persecution (real or imagined)
between the earlier religious sects (i.e. 'Feed the Christians to the
lions') and the SCA ? (i.e. '"They hate us and don't want us around because
we're...')

It surely served to tighten the bonds between co-religionists, in the
instances I can recall.

Does it serve the same purpose here, now?

Just curious

Piotr

Keith Duke - duke at gte.net
Piotr Balomirin syn Barsukov