Warning to Heralds

William H. Herron III wherron at sprintmail.com
Thu May 15 18:01:51 PDT 1997

P. Crandall Polk wrote:

> You must not give this information out. remember, the College has
> existed within the SCA for years without outsiders (of the College)
> learning the best ways to get things researched, registered and
> displayed.

(peals of laughter)

Amazing.  I've spent three years now as a member of the College,
commented on more than one ILoI, and watched a multitude of names,
devices, and badges go up and be shot down.  And I have never, ever,
heard of these secrets.

Here's a hint for those of you not in the College:  >they< don't even
know how to pass devices.

Go to the Heraldic Symposium.  Close your mouths and open your eyes and
ears.  Soon, yes you too could be a Herald.  Besides, you can learn some
of the catchy words and phrases we use when we're trying to talk above
your heads.

FitzBubba
(who will miss all of the Heralds and their fun, because he's going to
Adlersrhue)