What do their arms look

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu May 15 20:45:47 PDT 1997

Viscount Galen said:

>I did them all in Windows PaintBrush, then used LView Pro 1.6 to
>convert them to .gif format.

At one time I had started a set of heraldic clip art for use within
Deluxe Paint on the Amiga. This would have allowed people wanting to
design a device to easily sit down and paste together differant
charges and fields and to easily change colors. Alas, that project
fell by the wayside. And unfortunately, so has the Amiga.

Now I would like to at least get my device into the computer. If I
do this in a paint program perhaps I could expand it in the future.
So does anyone have any recommendations for a paint or drafting
program for the Mac (I don't do Windoze) that would at least export
or import from other machines? It doesn't have to be that fancy
since there are only a few heraldic colors. A vector based program
might be preferable if it can do fills. This would allow the device
and charges to be easily rescaled for different uses.  Easy use of
libraries would be nice so that various heraldic libraries could
be built.

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  markh at risc.sps.mot.com