noise to signal ratio?

Mark Wallace blackfox.mwal at webzone.net
Fri May 23 21:41:48 PDT 1997

----------
From: Mark Wallace <blackfox.mwal @webzone.net>
To: ansteorra at eden.com
Subject: noise to signal ratio?

Unto Baron Bors & Gnith is sent greetings from Master William Blackfox:

	Please permit me to post my teenie-tiny perspective in regard to a subject
that the two of you have broached.
	You both complain about quantities of people posting one- and two-sentence
ripostes to one silly posting.
	I agree that it is annoying to have them recopy the entire message  ( and
sometimes include up to three other peoples' replies ) before putting in
their 2 cents worth at the end.
	Just the same, this list's examples of "noise-to-signal" problems are
ludicrously negligible to what I encountered in being on a particular
SCA-related list for only 4 months.
	I would receive up to 20 postings each day. Better than 75 percent were
those repetetive ripostes, most of which were rude, pointless, repetitive,
ill-mannered and would hang onto a subject for WEEKS! ! !
	It was difficult for me to avoid using stronger language than I did when I
un-subscribed from that list.
	Please, my Lords, be a wee bit more patient with your Ansteorran brethren.

	I also beg of all others on this list to consider using your delete
features a bit more often when reposting the text to which you are replying.
 Glad I am of those gentles who indicate their editing with the addition of
the lable (SNIP).  Try it and it may get the Goode Baron Bors off of thy
case (as it were).

	And will you all kindly KNOCK IT OFF  with the #%*+!  MIME format stuff?

I thank you.

	P.S.  If anyone hasn't gotten their copies of VIXENS' KEEP yet, the second
printing is available for order though your local comic shop.
(VK is by MU Press and is available through Diamond Distributors.)

 Coming next spring: "Targets"

Yours in silly service,
Master William Blackfox
blackfox.mwal at webzone.net

"As someday it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list, I've got a little list
Of Society offenders who might well be underground
And who never would be missed. . .who NEVER would be missed!"
																																		Koko
																																		"The Mikado"
																																		by W.S. Gilbert