My comments regarding netiquette

Mark Wallace blackfox.mwal at webzone.net
Tue May 27 12:34:22 PDT 1997

Master William Blackfox sends greetings to Pug, H.E. Kayleigh, H.E. Bors,
Sir Burke, Mistress Mara and all others on the Ansteorra net:

	I hope that my intentions regarding my comments about repostings are not
being misconstrued as some form of castigation ($5.00 word) directed at any
particular people.
	I seem to recall making my comments using the words "please" and "thank
you".
	I only feel that the SCA has the teaching of many forms of etiquette and
courtesy as one of its purposes.  Why would this not include the
dissemination of comments regarding the reduction of unnecessary clutter on
a net list?
	The example I cite as the most annoying is when someone reposts a 50- to
100-line message, then appends a dozen words of comment at the end.
	Unless somebody speaks up and *politely* suggests such things, how would
anyone get the message?
	Need I point out, however, how "effective" our suggestions have been?
Also, the subject can be overworked.

	I shall, therefore, slink back into my den and end my comments on the
subject for a few months.

	BUT--- before I repair to my lair (and use Nair, do you care?), I wish to
echo congratulations to Timo as Steppes Warlord, Baron Pepin as Penultimate
Stomper of Same, SIR Alisha (did you get my present?), Mistress Caitlin, Ld.
Giovanni and Baron Hal (roar... What? ...I said "roar"...Speak
up....r-o-a-r...That's what I thought you said).

 Hiding in the weeds,
Blackfox

"All prosey, dull Society sinners
Who chatter and bleat and bore
Are sent to hear sermons from mystical Germans
Who preach from ten 'till four!"
														The Mikado
														W.S. Gilbert

Th-th-that's all, folks!