Renfaire Autocrats

David R. Hoffpauir env_drh at SHSU.edu
Wed May 28 01:06:45 PDT 1997

David R. Hoffpauir
Geographic Information Systems-Database Administrator
Texas Regional Institute for Environmental Studies-
  Sam Houston State University
(409) 294-4995
env_drh at shsu.edu
http://www.shsu.edu/~triesgis/
http://www.shsu.edu/%7Eenv_www/
http://www.shsu.edu/~env_lab/

Hello all,

	We're gearing up for TRF (Texas Renaissance Festival) and need to get a
schedule of autocrats and sponsors in to the program director.  I've got my
head in the barrel as TRF Liason, so it should be fun.

	Our approach for the past couple of years has been to have sponsoring
groups for each of the weekends.  Last year Stargate, Raven's Fort, Gate's
Edge, Dun Brodail, Twr Cath, Loch Soileir, and Shadowlands each sponsored a
weekend. It worked out pretty well.

	As far as Autocrating goes this one is pretty easy.  Essentially all
you've got to do is muster the troops (fighters, bards, dancers, artisans,
musicians, sword-swallowers, etc.) and coordinate their activities for the
weekend.  If you are interested, work out an agreement with your senechal
or B & B (to ensure a group effort, I can only accept bids that have some
sort of official sanction).

	Dates:  Oct-4 to Nov-16.  RAIN or SHINE, FREEZE or FRY.

	I'll soon post a schedule of work days.

	I'll get more info out as it becomes available.  I'd appreciate a lot of
"word of mouth" for those who don't have email.  I'm in the Blackstar, look
under Raven's Fort.  The theme for this year is "Chivalry and Romance."  I
think we can handle that.

	Thanks,
	David St. David, Raven's Fort