Peers and students...

Pug Bainter pug at globeset.com
Wed May 28 06:32:44 PDT 1997

Good Morning,

  I've noticed as of late that in several cases people have made
  "announcements" of squires and apprentices. I assume it happens with
  proteges as well. (Heck, I didn't realize yellow and green belts
  were "reserved" until I noticed someone who lost theirs this past
  weekend and was looking for it. I leave the person anonymous. *grin*)

  Since I've not really paid attention to this process, why are they
  actually announcing this? Is there a benefit of doing this? Is there a
  benefit to either person when making if official that they are teacher
  and student instead of leaving it an informal process?

  Are peers made that are not students to someone else? I know it's had
  to of happened, but how often does it happen now. (ie. When were the
  last of each peerage who wasn't a student?)

  On a side note, how many members of each peerage are there? The
  circles I saw this last weekend may not have been representative. The
  Pelican circle was damn small and the Laurels outnumbered the Knights.

  Of those members how many are still active? Does anyone actually keep
  track of this sort of thing?

Ciao,