Songs and stuff

Chuck Graves Chuck_Graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov
Wed May 28 11:07:47 PDT 1997

Greetings,

>Does anyone have the words to the song performed before HRH Alisha's
>knighting?  I would love to get them, if so....

Funny you should ask that...I just got my Atlantian friends to send that
to me a few weeks ago.  It has become a staple in the past few years back
there.

Tadhg

Belt and Chain

(By... not sure, can't remember, maybe someone else can fill this in, but
I do believe its Trimarian)

Days moving fast, and the legends long past,
But some still remember a place
A place of skill where honor lies still
A bastion of honor and grace,
A bastion of honor and grace

REFRAIN
Will you take the belt and the chain
That Dream may yet live again
Swear your heart to chivalry's art,
Swear your sword to our game,
Swear your sword and be chained.

Take the young boy and make him a page
Teach him skills to come of age
Teach him honour and valour and truth
Give him these gifts in his youth
Give him these gifts in his youth

REFRAIN

Take the young man and make him a squire
Teach him arms to serve his sire.
Teach him chivalry, strength without stain
For someday he too will be chained
One day he'll take belt and chain

REFRAIN

Take this belt as a badge of your worth
And the chain where your oath is interred
Hold fast to honour as hard as it seems,
For you guard the halls of our Dream
You guard the halls of this Dream

REFRAIN