Peers and students...

Dieterich cjw at vvm.com
Thu May 29 09:05:18 PDT 1997

Her Most August Excellency wrote:
>I was informed that it was not until recently (5 years ago) that Laurals
>started to take apprentences.  Had Knights always taken squires or is
>that new also.
>
>Learning to Serve the Dream,
>
>Kayleigh Drake
>Baroness of Bonwicke
>The Western Region of Ansteorra

Begging Your Excellent pardon, I think you may have been mis-informed.
Although it is possible that Laurels in this kingdom didnt take apprentices
until recent days, I feel that this is unlikely.  In Atenveldt, from whence
we inherit many of our habits, Laurels have taken apprentices since well
before 1984.  The same goes for Pelicans and Knights.  My slant on Caid,
Outlands, the East, and Drachenwald is the same as the habit of peers taking
students was well established by the time I arrived in each of these Kingdoms.

Dieterich/Peaches