Irish Heroes School - Events

Gregory R. Gagnon cian at ghg.net
Tue May 6 07:55:38 PDT 1997

Chuck Graves wrote:

> IKCAC is combat archery; IKAC is target archery.  I would recommend a standard
> Royal Round.
> It might be easier (for judging purposes) to use the IKCAC format.
> However, that is range shooting.  Live shooting would be much more
> challenging.
  Thank you for the correction.  Unfortunately archery is one of the
subjects about which I know very little.  I plan to turn to the experts
in each field to make sure things are correct.  We may run all three
courses.  The more the merrier.

> Shouldn't there be a test of the gentles knowledge of the Irish Heroes of old?
> After all, how can one strive to become such without knowing the history?
Yes.  Absolutely.  It was only last night that this concept got the
focus of an Irish Heroes school.  I will probably name it after one of
the schools run by the Sorceresses of War.  As I stated I will give out
the specific information I plan to cover rather than simply saying
"Learn Irish Legends".

> Aside from that, it sounds like an EXTRAORDINARY event.  I look forward to it.
Thanks.  I plan to keep careful notes and compile all of this for use by
my successor.  At the second one I want to play too.

> Just some thoughts,
> Tadhg

Delighted to have them.  Glad to receive more.

Cian