SCAdian vs mundane (interactions)

J'lynn Yeates jyeates at bga.com
Tue May 6 04:39:22 PDT 1997

On  6 May 97 at 10:49, Ghislaine Fontanneau/Elayne H wrote:

re: "interaction stories .."

two summers back was taking advantage of a cool saturday morning by
staying late in bed with a lady friend ... until i hear a knock at
the front door (left open to cool house).

Due to nature of the passtimes at hand, all i was wearing was
my pentacle, so garb pair shorts and open vest and wander into living
room (wandering where the bloody hound is .... who was *supposed* to
be guarding the porch as was his normal habit.)

There, in the middle of the living room i find a old guy in a
dark suit, clutching a bible, his back to me, goggling about the
swords & axes & shields & spear racks ....

Being more than a little annoyed with someone *in* my house, i
exclaim  "What the HELL are you doing in my house!"

He spins around (almost falling over) and sticks out hand ... "I'm
the rev. "something".  Your door was open so i thought i would
come in and welcome you to our congregation".

My considered reply, "GET OUT!"   At this point he sees the
naked woman woman behind be, but quickly focus's on the penticle and
starts stammering.  Being a old-guy without a clue, he get's one
more chance "LEAVE NOW!" ... nada

As i am walking to him, i pick up a leaf-blade short sword i was
working on off the bench and walk him (backwards) out of my house at
swordpoint ... while companion is giggling madly.

About all that came to mind at the moment to say (in all seriousness)
"Damn, i knew i should have gotten the screens up, the damned
baptists are getting in" ... At which point she went into hysterics
... *then* the hound showed up and took up his normal place.

To this day, when same person does his "rounds", he gets to my
property line and moves to the center of the street.

Have also found it to be of value to clean & sharpen spears or
blades on the porch when the Jehova's Witnesses are working the
block.  For some reason it keeps them away.

'wolf