STEPPES WARLORD: Merchants!

KiheBard at aol.com KiheBard at aol.com
Wed May 14 05:53:56 PDT 1997

Boy howdy, we got some, ubetcha!
Merchants, that is, and there is still room for more!

Hi. I'm late posting this, and remembered / was reminded at Elfsea
Spring Faire that my e-dress didn't make it into the event ads.

Yes, I am the merchant coordinator for Steppes Warlord this year.
I will take requests for reserved "Merchant's Row" booth space
until Wednesday before Warlord (one week from tomorrow as I
compose these words: Thursday I'll already be on my way to the
site if not pounding in stakes). The fee per booth is $5, will not be
collected until noonish Saturday, and will be forwarded to the
Crown Travel Fund. (We reserve the right to laugh at vendors
who attempt to peddle inappropriate wares....)

As of this evening, I have taken merchant reservations for eighteen
definites and one "maybe".  Expected favorites include Highland Anvil,
Anness the Potter, Roamin' Traders, Ancient Arts / SRO, Eureka's,
GF Armory & Books, House Morningstar, Isobel's Gems, AND the
perennial favorite Tavern from our neighbors in Black Oak Keep.
Newcomers known to be headed to the site include Treasure Chest
(check out their authentic Roman coins!), White Hart Art, and
Ravenkeep Staves.

(My apologies for any mis-attributions or inaccuracies in the preceding
listing: remember that any number of difficulties may keep one or more
of our friends from completing a planned journey in time to join us
during Warlord. "Be careful out there.")

While some prime sites are already spoken for, there are still good
locations available.  This year, that includes a small number of
large "lots" near the list field -- 75% of which are still "open".
These are reserved for merchants requiring at least 20x20
for their booth and do NOT include normal camping adjacent:
someone wants to sleep inside their booth, fine, but no "living
tents" next door.
(The BIG trade-off? No shade, no electricity vs. location)

IF YOU CAN'T RESERVE MERCHANT SPACE IN ADVANCE, and
still wish to set up a stall, we will do our best to accomodate
you. However, I cannot guarantee that space will be available in
the normal merchant area. I *will* guarantee that the merchant fee
will be charged, and that site tokens will be checked.  Late
arrivals without reservations will NOT be permitted to set up
in the reserved "lots" near the list field, or closer to the list field
than the normal Merchant's Row area. I also can't guarantee that
non-reserved merchants will be able to camp with their booth.

NOTE WELL: the deadline for advance rate site fees is well
advertised in the various newsletters, approaches *rapidly*,
and the reservation agent is known for being a stickler for such
things as actual receipt of letter....  PLEASE: if you are intending
to attend as a merchant, send *Katya* your site fee and send *me*
your merchant space request.

 Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
	currently residing in Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mike C. Baker					KiheBard at aol.com
5131 Ponderosa Way Dallas TX 75227
Any opinions expressed are obviously my own unless explicitly stated
otherwise!